- Samsung Galaxy M55 5G will pack a 4,855mAh battery (could be marketed as a 5,000mAh battery).
- The FCC listing shows the phone would come with 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity options.
- The phone received the BIS certification recently, suggesting an India launch is on the cards.
Samsung Galaxy M55 5G is likely in the pipeline with a 2024 release on the cards. The handset is expected to be launched globally and in India, the latter being confirmed after the phone appeared on BIS. While we wait for that to happen, 91mobiles has now exclusively spotted the Galaxy M55 on the FCC and Dekra certifications. These reveal some key details of the phone.
Samsung Galaxy M55 5G FCC and Dekra details
- The Samsung Galaxy M55 Dekra certification shows the phone will come with a 4,855mAh battery (could be marketed as a 5,000mAh battery) and will have the model number HQ-6887NAS.
- The TUV SUD certification reveals that the phone will support 45W charging (20VDC; 2.25A).
- The FCC listing shows the phone would come with 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, all of which are expected connectivity options.
- The FCC certification doesn’t show the complete design of the phone at the moment.
- The TUV SUD listing reveals the bundled adaptor will have the model numbers EP-TA845 and EP-TA845 001.
- The Samsung Galaxy M55 has also received the Nemko certifications and this only shows the model number SM-M556E/DS. The DS at the end could mean dual-SIM.
- Besides these details, the listings don’t reveal any hardware details of the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy M55 5G had recently bagged the BIS certification, suggesting an India launch could be around the corner. The handset also appeared on Geekbench with the model number SM-M556b. It managed to score 3,575 points in single-core and 11,330 in the multi-core tests.
The Geekbench revealed that the Samsung Galaxy M55 5G will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 SoC that offers a maximum clock speed of 2.40GHz. The chipset will be paired with 8GB RAM but there could be other options at launch. The phone will run on Android 14-based One UI software. Key Specs
Samsung Galaxy M55 5G
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 | 8 GBProcessor
6.78 inches (17.22 cm)Display
64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MPRear camera
32 MPSelfie camera
- Samsung Galaxy M55 5G spotted on Geekbench 4.2.
- The Galaxy M55’s Geekbench scores and key specs are thus revealed.
- The new phone could come with a Snapdragon processor.
Samsung Galaxy M55 5G launch could be around the corner as the phone has appeared on the Geekbench 4 database revealing its key specifications such as the processor and RAM. This is the first time we have spotted any reference to this device. So, let’s break down the Geekbench listing to learn everything we know so far about the device.
Samsung Galaxy M55 Geekbench details
- From the screenshot shared by MySmartPrice, we learn the SamsungGalaxy M55 5G’s model number is SM-M556B.
- Its single-core performance is 3,575 and the multi-core score is 11,330. The scores may differ on other versions of Geekbench.
- The processor in use is believed to be a Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 SoC with the motherboard codenamed Taro. The listing shows the base frequency of this chip is 1.80GHz and the publication adds the max clock speed goes up to 2.40GHz. This is apparently backed by Adreno 644 GPU.
- The model in the test has 8GB of RAM and Android 14-based One UI software.
- Processor: Samsung Galaxy M54 is propelled by Exynos 1380 SoC with Mali-G68 MP5 GPU.
- Memory: The performance is aided by 8GB RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage. This is further expandable via a microSD card.
- Battery: Inside, there is also space for a 6,000mAh battery with 25W fast charging support.
- Software: On top of this setup, there is Android 13-based OneUI 5.0 skin.
- Display: On the front, the device has a 6.7-inch sAMOLED Plus panel with an FHD+ resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, an embedded fingerprint reader, and Corning Gorilla Glass layer 5 protection.