Google Pixel puts down the iPhone again in latest ad, this time with AI features
- Google’s latest #BestPhonesForever video talks about the Pixel 8’s AI features.
- It even mentions the recently launched ‘Circle to Search’ feature.
- Apple is also joining the club soon with generative AI features planned for iOS 18
- Google is continuing its #BestPhonesForever serieson YouTube with the Pixel and iPhone. The latest episode in the series is titled “The Big Game”, and it seems like a reference to the ongoing Conference Championship games in the US. This time it’s a group of iPhones against a team of Pixels.
- iPhone consoles itself over the Pixel 8’s several AI features
- The new #BestPhonesForever ad starts with Coach iPhone giving a pep talk to a team of iPhones during halftime. The iPhones bring out their concerns saying how the other (Pixel) team keeps getting AI features. The features mentioned here include the recently launched ‘Circle to Search’that Google made in collaboration with Samsung.
- Coach iPhone also highlights how the Pixel does have advanced AI to make group photos better, summarise recordings, and reduce background noise in videos. It also talks the iPhone’s new changes too in the iPhone 15 series like the USB-C port, reduced weight, and contoured edges. The iPhone is trying to say that you don’t need those fancy AI features but Google subtly adds in a scene where it highlights its AI feature to screen spam calls.
- It’s a funny yet subtle way of saying that the iPhone is still lagging behind in terms of new features and upgrades when compared to the Pixel 8 as we’ve seen in all the previous #BestPhonesForever.
- But Google’s fun might be cut short soon as Apple too is preparing to unleash its AI features with the upcoming iOS 18, which is said to be one of the biggest updates ever. Apple is reportedly bringing generative AI features for iPhones with iOS 18. There’s AI-powered Siri, auto-summarising and auto-completing on native apps, and more features planned for iOS 18.
- iOS 18 will be announced at WWDC in June this year. It will be released a few months later after the iPhone 16 series launch. But Google will also be back just a few weeks later with its latest Pixels and more AI features.
· Key Specs
· Google Pixel 8
· Google Tensor G3 | 8 GBProcessor
· 6.2 inches (15.75 cm)Display
· 50 MP + 12 MPRear camera
· 10.5 MPSelfie camera
· 4575 mAhBattery
- Display: could sport a 6.1-inch screen with a punch-hole cutout and thicker bezels than the other Pixel 8 series phones.
- Processor: It could come powered by the Tensor G3 SoC. Perhaps, it could be underclocked compared to the chip inside the Pi. This could feature the Mali-G715 GPU and Titan G2 security chip.
- Memory: The phone model on Geekbench has 8GB of RAM, but there could be other memory configurations too.
- Software: Google could ship the device with Android 14 and Pixel UI.
- Google Pixel renders have leaked.
- could have a smaller display than the P
- We have highlighted more design and performance specs differences between Pixel 8 and Pixel 8a.
- Just days after the Pixel 8-series launch, the Pixel 8a renders have surfaced. The A-series Pixel phone shares the design cues of its siblings. We also get some key details about the handset’s screen size and overall stature. Let’s also take a look at what we know about the Pixel 8a specs so far.
· Google Pixel design details
- As per the renders leaked by OnLeaks (via Smartprix), the Pixel 8a resembles the Pixel 8and 8 Pro because of its rear visor. This appears to house two cameras. Even the LED flash module is positioned similarly to those premium models.
- What’s distinctly notable and also something previously tippedand rumoured, is the rounded edges of the device like some earlier iPhones.
- The visor is Google Pixel separate from the side frame. The sides also have a power button, volume rocker, SIM tray, and cellular antenna markings.
- Display: TheGoogle Pixel new Google Pixel leak claims the device’s screen size is around 6.1 inches. That’d be smaller than the Pixel -inch panel. The bezels are more noticeable, especially the chin, compared to say the . There’s a hole punch cutout for the front camera.
- CPU: Google
- Google Pixel l
- is expected to Google Pixel power this device with the Tensor G3 SoC. However, this is believed to be an underclocked version (max frequency of 2.91GHz) of the chip found on other Pixel 8 phones.As per its alleged Geekbench listing spotted in August, the device scored 1218 points in the single-core test and 3175 points in the multi-core performance test.
- GPU and other features: This
- Google Pixel l
- CPU could be coupled with Mali-G715 GPU. You are also likely to get the Titan G2 security chip and some AI trickeries here.
- Memory: The Google Pixel same
- Google pixel
- Google Pixel appearance revealed the device in question has 8GB of RAM. We could get more RAM and storage options with the device.
- Colours: Google Pixel could come in a cream colour and a blue colour. There could be more variants.