- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra was dropped multiple times to see if it cracks or scratches.
- The S24 Ultra drop test shows the level of protection offered by Gorilla Glass Armor and titanium frame.
- We will learn about the improvements offered by the Gorilla Glass Armor on this phone.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra drop test video is out. We get to see the new Samsung flagship dropped to test the protection offered by its new flat design, titanium frame, Gorilla Glass Armor on the front and Gorilla Glass on the back. Let’s see how well the device fares in this durability test.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra dropped: here’s what happened
- YouTuber PBKreviews dropped the Galaxy S24 Ultra from waist height. In the first fall itself, the phone’s screen gets a minor crackin the top right corner.
- In the next fall, the top left corner also gets slightly scraped and in the subsequent falls too, the titanium frame gets scraped at various places. However, it suffers from no major damage.
- So, the tester concludes that the titanium frame does its job but Samsung could’ve used a better glass on the front. However, the Gorilla Glass Armor in use is said to be 3x better at drop resistance and 4x better at scratch resistance than its competitors.
- To Samsung’s merit, the display functions fine even after repeated drops and no noticeable damages were on the rear side. The screen also managed to stay scratch-free even after putting and scrubbing sand and gravel on it.
- Moreover, the phone mostly landed facing the screen even though the YouTuber tried to drop the phone from different sides. So, it wasn’t a very methodical test and the results should only be taken accordingly.
- In comparison, the back glass on the iPhone 15 Pro series shattered in a drop test by EverythingApplePro. The titanium frame showed scratches and the screen also nicked when dropped from waist-height.
Besides the test and results, the Gorilla Glass Armor on the S24 Ultra is said to be capable of reducing the reflection by up to 75 percent.
We could come across more such tests in the coming days, which could give us a better idea of the phone’s strengths and capabilities. We will keep you posted.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 | 12 GBProcessor
6.8 inches (17.27 cm)Display
200 MP + 12 MP + 10 MP + 50 MPRear camera
12 MPSelfie camera
Samsung Galaxy S24: Samsung’s next flagship smartphone — the Galaxy S24 Ultra is reported to get a titanium frame, just like the iPhone 15 Pro series. According to a report by The Elec, South Korean tech is in favour of using titanium instead of aluminum and is said to be in talks with several Chinese vendors such as Solomo, which will process the titanium frame for Samsung.
The company is also said to be looking at users’ opinions on the use of new material to incorporate the same on other models, possibly with the Galaxy S25 series. Samsung has currently shipped over 15 million S23 Ultra units across and is said to produce a similar amount of Galaxy S24 Ultra units. Several reports point towards the fact that the, Galaxy S24 series could launch as early as January 2024
The transition from aluminum to titanium definitely comes at a cost, as titanium is a harder and more expensive material. This means, the price of the Galaxy S24 Ultra might go up a bit. However, unlike the weight reduction that Apple achieved on the iPhone 15 Pro by switching from stainless steel to titanium, Samsung might not be able to do so, as aluminum is lighter than titanium.
As per the specifications are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is said to be powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC in most of the markets, while some might get the Exynos variant. Samsung is also said to have opted for a 2K flat panel display, unlike the Galaxy S23 Ultra, which features a curved panel.