Realme 12+ 5G design revealed through MIIT certification, launch imminent
- Realme 12+ 5G bears the model number RMX3866 (China version).
- The MIIT certification reveals the phone would come with a circular camera module, a boxy chassis, and a blue colour option.
- Realme 12+ 5g could come as a slightly cheaper version of the Realme 12 Pro.
Realme 12+ 5G is tipped in the works, thanks to its multiple appearances online. The handset could be placed as a mid-tier model in the series, probably right below the Realme 12 Pro series. Now, while we wait to hear more from the company, the Realme 12+ has received China’s MIIT certification with the model number RMX3866. The global version has an RMX3867 model number. The MIIT certification reveals the design of the phone.
Realme 12+ 5G bags MIIT certification
- The MIIT certification shows the phone will have a similar design to the Realme 12 Pro lineup.
- There is a large circular module on the back to house quad camera sensors and an LED flash.
- There is a large vertical metallic strip running in the middle of the back panel. The back panel could have a leather finish to offer that premium feel. We also see Realme branding at the rear-bottom side.
- The volume rocker and power buttons are on the right edge.
- Realme 12+ appears to have a boxy chassis and flat display edges.
- The renders on the MIIT certification show Blue colour but there could be other options at launch.
The Realme 12+ 5g recently bagged the TDRA, NBTC and FCC certifications with the same RMX3867 model number. The latter shows the phone would come with Android 14 OS out of the box, NFC, and 5G network support. The phone could house a 5,000mAh battery and 67W fast charging support. The device was also spotted on the Camera FV 5 certification and this revealed the handset might feature a 64MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture and an 8MP ultrawide sensor with f/2.0 aperture. There could be a 16MP shooter on the front for selfies and video chats. That’s pretty much everything we know about the phone at the moment. We should learn more details soon.
The Realme 12 Pro series is set to launch in India this month and will be sold exclusively via Flipkart online. The company has been teasing the 120x Super Zoom and the premium design, with a leather finish and design inspired by the luxury watch brand, Rolex. While we wait for the announcement, a new variant, dubbed the Realme 12+5g has been spotted on the FCC listing and NBTC certification.
Realme 12+ 5G bags multiple certifications
- The NBTC certification, as spotted by MySmartPrice, confirms the marketing name of the phone and also the model number RMX3867.
- The has also been spotted on the FCC certification.
- The listing shows the device will debut with Android 14-based Realme UI 5 out of the box.
- The certification confirms the phone would come with NFC, 5G network support, and dual SIM slots.
- The R will come with a 5,000mAh battery and will ship with an adapter bearing the model number VCB7CAAH.
- The listing reveals that the adapter will operate at a maximum of DC4.5V. This confirms the phone supports 67W fast charging.
- The FCC image confirms the phone will come with a circular camera module on the back. We see triple camera cutouts and an LED flash.
The Camera FV 5 certification suggests the will sport a dual rear camera setup, consisting of a 64MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture and an 8MP ultrawide sensor with f/2.0 aperture. There is a 16MP selfie camera on the front for selfies. We should know more details going forward