This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position, you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Redwood City, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- 10 years of experience in analytics, advertising, consulting or tech
- Experience managing teams, building team culture, and cultivating talent
- Experience building hypotheses, conducting analysis, uncovering insights, and building and executing recommendations
- Experience with SQL
- MBA or master’s degree in an analytical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Google’s Ads products, sales teams, and/or service operations as well as the customer and competitive contexts in which they operate
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-moving, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to effectively influence, communicate, and drive change with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation development skills with the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and turn them into stories that influence an audience
About the job
The Americas Revenue Strategy and Operations (RSO) Team helps build and guide the strategic focus areas of the Americas Google Customer Solutions (GCS) Sales team, with the goal of driving stronger growth and productivity. As the Head of Business Operations and Sales Growth, you will be providing thought leadership and bringing analytical insights to the Americas Google Customer Solutions VP and their staff. You will help define the strategy for the business, drive annual planning, lead partnership with other internal strategy teams and manage and develop a team of high performing analysts.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Engage in thought leadership with large analytical projects for GCS Americas guide hypotheses and analysis behind drivers and root causes, recommend and prioritize highest impact initiatives.
Own performance overview projects and insights for the VP of Americas GCS and their staff. Lead sales performance and strategy projects.
- Help define the strategy for the business, align with the central team, and land with each business unit and market in Americas.
- Own and lead key business processes that underpin sales operations. Drive the channel management process between Large Customer Sales (LCS) and GCS. Own staffing and recruiting analytics as they pertain to coverage decisions and prioritize and make Opex recommendations.
Manage, coach, and develop a team of high performing strategy and operations analysts, to deliver against strategic business goals and grow them professionally.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and if you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing ours.